Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Socializd Medicine

(read post then click on New Post link at top of page)

Had curious encounter with a guy hawking newspapers at a wine festival. He said he was doing this on the side. His main job was in auto insurance. Naturally I asked him about the healthcare debate. He immediately labeled it socialized medicine ... saying there is nothing that government is involved in that ever works right. I suppose I should have expected this since we were in the middle of Bush country. My son-in-law and I tried to reason with him ... and I must say he engaged in a lively discussion. But I doubt we chssnged his mind and I know he didn't change ours. But at least he didn't scream and try to hijack congressional town hall meetings. The amazing thing however is the depth of the misinformation. It was government looking the other way that got us into this mess... did he forget the 60 trillion dollar derivatives market ... the UNREGULATED derivatives market that nearly destroyed our economy and thst of the entire world. Did he forget a government rescue of Wall Street engineered by the Bush administration and carried on in the Obama administration. Does he advocate killing Medicare for his grandparents. health insurancew for his kids should he lose his job ... (his company had trimmed his income 15%, which probably explains his newspaper job. The time for mindless speak is over ...too many lives are at stake.

No comments:

Post a Comment